Monday, July 18, 2011

Enlarge My Territory

"Jabez prayed, Oh Lord that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain! So God granted what He requested." 1 Chronicles 4:10

This prayer that Jabez prayed allows us to see how simple our prayers can be.  We do not have to use BIG words or pray some long drawn out prayer to get results.  Too many times we think prayers have to be fancy and wordy in order to reach God!

Jabez simply addressed God, made his petitions known, and let God show up and do the rest.  I do believe it was his HEART that God saw, which made God grant his request.  Notice Jabez ask to stay away from wickedness, so he would not cause pain to others.  This allows us to see that Jabez cared about the way he treated others, so it wasn't just a selfish prayer!

The Prayer of Jabez is a simple prayer and it really works.  I prayed it last month and got blessed immediately! It is my advice for you to pray it everyday and just adapt it to your situation.  More importantly pray from your heart, just as Jabez displayed in this prayer.  What is on your heart?  Have you hurt someone because of your sin? What do you need help with today? Ask God for help and continue to pray this simple prayer.

Is there a prayer or scripture on your heart that has helped you with your day to day life? Please feel free to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment